For the little ones, it is a great experience. But some adults also like to remember … For example, the story of the city mouse and the country mouse. The country mouse lived happily in its mouse hole at the edge of the field until his cousin, the city mouse, appeared … “What a meagre country life,” said the city mouse, “in the human houses you live in luxury!” And so the country mouse moved to the city. The only thing it didn’t count in was the house cat …
If you are curious and open your eyes and ears, you will be rewarded: in the enchanted little houses in the forest of the Parc Merveilleux you can meet Snow White, Little Red Riding Hood or the Puss in Boots who tell their adventures.
The fairy tales are presented by moving (puppet) figures in the windows and accompanied by music and a narrative text (in Luxembourgish, German and French).
The large playground, centrally located in the park, invites you to spend hours climbing, sliding and doing gymnastics. Here you can discover many things through play and learn a lot: about the animals of the forest, sound waves, wild bees and wasps… The water playground is a popular romping place on hot days. The mini-golf course invites visitors young and old to an exciting game on a course with 18 holes in the forest area. (Price: 3.50€)
The Parc Merveilleux is Luxembourg’s only zoo. Even though you won’t find any big zoo animals like elephants, giraffes or lions here, there is plenty to discover. Almost 200 animal species from 5 continents: Africa, America, Australia as well as Asia and Europe live in the park.
In the walk-in animal houses Mahajanga and Amazonia you can meet different animals without barriers and in the mini-zoo you can even stroke the pygmy goats; you can get so close to the llamas that you have to be careful not to spit on them.
Feeding: Be careful, most of the animals are not allowed to be fed, as they have a fixed feeding schedule. For some hoofed animals, however, special food can be bought in the shop.
Guided tours for school groups
The Parc Merveilleux Zoo School offers educational workshops and guided tours to school classes, Maisons Relais and associations throughout the school year. (Mondays to Fridays and during school holidays and Saturdays on request).
During these tours, pupils learn many amazing and interesting things about the animals that live in the park, but also about other animals and their habitat, through explanations, observations, comparisons, small activities and games.
Please note: The zoo school is currently closed; however, school classes can register by mail, indicating the exact date of the visit, as well as the number of visitors.
Information for parents:
- The Fairytale Park on the Route de Mondorf is open daily from 27 March to 10 October 2021 from 9.30 to 19.00. The ticket offices open at 9.30 in the morning and close at 18.00. The park closes at 19.00.
- Tickets must be booked in advance via the Parc Merveilleux website: https://parc-merveilleux.lu. It is also possible to request a lunch box via the web page before visiting the park.
- Entrance fees: Adults: 10 euros; children (3-14 years): 7 euros; season ticket (person-bound): 65 euros (only available at the entrance ticket office).
- Reduced rate: for students (with student card); senior citizens (+60 years) and people with disabilities: 8 euros. Group rates (from 15 persons): 1 euro discount/person.
- Mini train, Poney Express, mini cars: 1.50 euros/ride. Please note that your admission ticket loses its validity when you leave the park.
- Attention: Due to the Covid 19 pandemic, it is compulsory for children aged 6 and over to wear a mouth guard throughout the Bettemburg Fairytale Park site! It is also requested to keep a distance of 2 metres.
- Also to note: The Amazonia Tropical House and Madagascar House Mahajanga are currently closed to visitors.
- The mini-train is currently being renovated and is expected to be back in operation from the beginning of June.
- Please note that feeding animals is only allowed with special food for different animals in the forest area. All other animals are not allowed to be fed!
- Please also note that dogs on a leash are welcome in many areas. Except: in the animal houses (Amazonia, Mahajanga), the petting zoo and the playgrounds.
- Address & contact: Parc Merveilleux, Route de Mondorf, L-3260 Bettembourg, Luxembourg. Telephone: +352 51 10 48-1. Email enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org. Free parking is available in front of the park. Or by train: Take line 60 Luxembourg – Esch to Bettembourg and from there the shuttle bus. On Sundays and public holidays, a free shuttle runs between Parc Merveilleux and Bettembourg station every quarter of an hour from 13.15 to 19.15.