In 1684, when a night watchman on his inspection tour along the fortress walls meets a washerwoman on her way home, they tell each other exciting stories … On this special tour by torchlight, with actors dressed in period costumes, you will learn a lot about Grevenmacher’s history and learn.
Information for parents:
- The route is around one kilometre and is suitable for pushchairs.
- The guided tour – in Luxembourgish or German – lasts about 2 hours. It can be booked all year round for a group price of 200 euros (minimum 4 and maximum 10 people). Torches are provided.
- Optionally, a wine tasting (5 euros per person) or a grape juice tasting (3 euros per person) can also be requested.
- During the summer season, there is a fixed date for the guided tour once a month on Saturdays, which can be joined without obligation at a price of 10 euros per person from 12 and 5 euros per child from 3 to 12 years.
- The tour starts at the Tourist Info, 10, Route du Vin, L-6794 Grevenmacher at 19:00 or at 20:00,
- There are parking spaces available not far away, in the car park of the landing stage of the ship MS Princesse Marie-Astrid.
- If you come by bus, you should get off at the bus stops “Ënnert der Bréck” or “Gare Routière”.
- More information and bookings here.