Starting at the Mme Aly Duhr winery, join Alberto and Emma, the two cuddly donkeys, on part of the dream loop “Wine & Nature Trail Palmberg” through the vineyards and the natural boxwood forest to high up on the plateau above the Palmberg. On the way, you will learn interesting facts about Luxembourg wines, but also about the local rock formations and some living and fossilised animal species. On the way back to the valley, a break is taken at the refuge. Over an elegant, fresh Riesling or grape juice, you can enjoy the beautiful view of the Moselle valley and the little village of Ahn before returning to the starting point through the small alleys, past many a beautiful winegrowers’ house.
Information for parents:
- Be sure to book online here.
- The participation fee is 11 euros (for children aged 3 to 12) and 15 euros for people aged 12 and over.
- The starting point for the walk is at the Duhr Winery. Parking is available at the cultural centre – 15 Rue de la Résistance, L-5401 Ahn.
- Sturdy shoes are essential.
- The length of the trail is about four kilometres. The route is not suitable for prams.
- The donkeys walk with the group, they are not trained to ride or carry loads.
- Only well-behaved dogs on a leash are allowed to accompany the group and must keep their distance from the donkeys.
- The hike is cancelled in case of heavy rain.
- The entire Traumschleife Wine and Nature Trail Palmberg Ahn is about 9 kilometres long. More information is available here.