This spring, the Robbesscheier opens its doors wide to visitors during two discovery weeks. The Ardennes horse, symbol of the Nature Discovery Centre, will take the lead role, alternating with another showpiece animal: the sheep.
On 26 May, there are still places available for the spinning demonstrations by Chantal Schaul as part of the Sheep Days. Then, from 27 to 30 May, it’s all about the Ardennes horse. Demonstrations of woodcutting in the forest and an exhibition of horse breeds are on the programme from 14.00 to 16.30.
Then, from 31 May to 2 June, the Sheep Days are back, again with spinning demonstrations, but also with sheep shearing with explanations by the “Lëtzebuerger Schéiffergenossenschaft“.
From 3 to 6 June, the Ardennes horses will once again be in the spotlight.
To mark the discovery weeks, the Robbesscheier will once again open its wool workshop, as well as the candle workshop, which will be accessible again after renovation, as will the smithy.
Information for parents:
- The Robbesscheier is located at 1, Frummeschgaass in L-9766 Munshausen, Tél: +352 92 17 45 1 . E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Web: www.robbesscheier.lu
- The entrance fee is one-off and is €10 for adults (+9 years), €5 for children and free for infants (0-2 years). This price is only valid for families and not for youth groups or school classes.
- You can choose between a full day of activities (10.00 – 16.30) with 5 workshops or an afternoon (14.00 – 16.30) with 3 workshops of your choice.
- The available workshops are: the carriage ride, home baking, wool, garden and vegetable garden, blacksmith, sawmill, candle making and mini farm and feeding the animals.
- The reservation form for the discovery weeks can be found here.
- You can eat and even stay overnight at the Robbesscheier or at Cornelyshaff, ten minutes away.