They are impressive: the blast furnaces of Belval, in the south of the country. Even though the installations that used to produce steel at full capacity have been closed since 1997, they still dominate the terrain between Esch-sur-Alzette and Belvaux. While two blast furnaces have been carefully restored, a new town has sprung up at their feet. In order to discover the different facets of this exceptional place in a different way, the Fonds Belval offers a treasure hunt for young and old alike, which allows knowledge about the blast furnaces and the new urban district of the Cité des Sciences to be passed on in a playful way.
Information for parents
- The blast furnaces are located at 6 Avenue des Hauts-Fourneaux, L4362 Esch-sur-Alzette.
- The visit lasts between 1.5 and 2 hours.
- The price of participation is 5 euros per person from 5 years old, including access and treasure. Groups are limited to a maximum of 10 people. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Reservations required: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.fonds-belval.lu. Please note that other types of tours are also available.
- The blast furnace and exhibition are open to the public from 1 April to 31 October inclusive.