An experience for the whole family is the discovery of Larochette Castle. Since the 12th century, the mighty fortress has towered high above the village, about 150 metres above the valley of the White Ernz. Part of the castle has been restored and can be visited. Guided tours are offered here regularly.
The circular trail is beautiful, starting in the centre of the village and leading over the “Verluerekascht” and the former “Jhangeli” railway line through the “Ouschterbësch” and the valley of the White Ernz. There are great vantage points here from which you can always see the castle.
In the surrounding area, Camping Auf Kengert has a lot to offer for children. It is located about three kilometres from the centre of Larochette and offers a large outdoor and indoor playground as well as a 750-metre long barefoot path. In the forest right next door, there is also a motor skills park where you can practice balance and coordination on a variety of equipment.
Information for parents:
- Bus lines 105 and 110 connect Luxembourg and Larochette.
- For cars, there is a large car park at the Schongfabrik. Address: Chemin Jean-Antoine Zinnen, L-7626 Larochette.
- The route for the approximately eight-kilometre-long circular walk can be found here.
- To keep up to date with what’s going on in Larochette, you should regularly check the website of the “Syndicat d’Initiative et de Tourisme”.
- The website of Camping Auf Kengert can be found here.
- The Barefoot Trail also has its own website.
- The Kannerzäit article on the motor skills park can be found here.