The “DemokratieLabo” offers you the opportunity to reflect on your ideas about democracy, your ideas, beliefs and experiences regarding democracy. The exhibition invites discussion on issues around the diversity of Luxembourg society and the functioning of our political system. This interactive exhibition, set up by the “Zentrum fir politesch Bildung”, addresses questions around identity and prejudice, freedom, inequalities and justice in Luxembourg.
The focus is not on the institutionalised side of democracy (How do elections work? How is a government made up? What is a constitution? etc.) but the interpersonal (How do we treat each other? What is my opinion? And what do we do when we disagree?) and social (What role does the media play? What does digitalisation mean for a democracy? How does a democracy react in times of crisis? Visitors explore the areas of tension in a democratic society and realise: “This has something to do with me!”
Like a real laboratory, “Den DemokratieLabo” invites experimentation, discovery and analysis. The observed object is democracy. The exhibition is interactive and multilingual (German, French and English). Hands-on activities and discussions are explicitly encouraged.
- Address: Centre Culturel de Rencontre Abbaye de Neumünster, 28 Rue Münster, L2160 Luxembourg. Opening hours: from monday to sunday from 10.00 to 18.00
- The “DemokratieLabo” is aimed at young people aged 12 and over and adults alike.
- Families, groups and school classes are welcome! Among three different routes, each group of visitors will find the one that suits them best.
- The visit lasts between one and one and a half hours.
- More: www.demokratielabo.lu